Business Services Operations Manager
Role Description and Responsibilities:
This role is for a leading Global Investment Bank and is based in the City of London. The role is an Operations Manager role in Global Business & Document Services. The candidate will be responsible for the London Operations, managing teams across, multiple locations and shifts and will report directly to the EMEA Business Head.
This is a terrific opportunity for a high energy individual seeking broad exposure to the business. The role will have significant interaction with all businesses Globally. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing large teams, will be process orientated and have a successful track record of designing, implementing, managing and measuring continuous improvement programs.
The key responsibilities of the London Operations Manager are as follows:
- Support the EMEA Business Head in key initiatives and service development
- Provide operational oversight and insight as a key member of the EMEA Operations Management team
- Manage a diverse team of operational staff across business service operations
- Conduct performance management sessions
- Coach and develop direct reports as well as define development goals for the broader operational population
- Develop, manage and maintain operational procedures
- Ensure procedural compliance is measured and communicated to all teams, promoting continuous improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain good relationships with key sponsors and technology
- Produce excellent detailed focused documentation
- Ability to understand and analyze business processes & workflows with the objective of providing detailed Business Process Flow diagrams and Logical Data Models
- Ensure that all re-usable resources and knowledge are stored in the appropriate knowledge base for the benefit of others in the team. This will include items that are not necessarily linked to any single project
- Experience with managing large operational teams, within the Printing industry
- Proficient in other MS Office packages
- Process orientated with a high focus on quality management
- Quality management awareness – e.g. ISO 9001, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.