Masters Bookbinding, a small family run business, based in Reading, Berkshire is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Production Manager to manage their factory team. Masters produce high quality bookbinding products.
The candidate would be required to be very ‘hands on’ in the day-to-day operation of the factory and the staff, and should be:-
- Able to manage the production of all binding projects through the factory
- Responsible for ensuring that production is organised efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for quality control and ensuring that project deadlines are met
- Responsible for supporting, motivating and supervising his/her team on the factory floor
- Responsible for managing a tidy work environment
The PM attends daily production meetings and liaises with the Estimator to organise daily jobs.
The PM will communicate information about the daily jobs in progress to the rest of the factory workforce verbally and using the clipboards.
The PM will inform the Estimator about the need for extra hours in the form of hiring temps, and will be responsible for identifying volunteers for overtime and arranging hours for the team.
On occasion, if the Estimator is absent, the PM will be expected to liaise with customers on production matters in a friendly and professional manner.
The PM will ensure all work that leaves the factory is of an exceptionally high quality. He/she must report any concerns to the Managing Director about overall quality of work on a job or individual’s work performance.
The PM will be expected to attend Health and Safety meetings, and to put into action any items flagged for his/her attention. The PM should raise any health and safety concerns immediately with the Managing Director.
The PM reports to the Managing Director. The PM will liaise with the Office Manager over matters of staff discipline.
Qualities of the production manager
- Knowledge and understanding of print
- Ability to problem solve
- Organised and self-motivated
- Flexible with the ability to work well in a high pressure environment
- High attention to detail
- Team player
- Knowledge of machinery and ability to trouble shoot issues. We have the following machines on the factory floor;- folding, layflat binding, stitching, guillotine, gluing, case making and foiling.