Artwork & Print Manager - Packaging
£25K-£30K + 20 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
Our Client is a market leader in the distribution of bespoke flexible packaging for the food industry, based in Yorkshire.
They are currently looking to recruit an Artwork & Print Manager to join their team. The chosen candidate will be required to accompany clients on press passes at factories overseas occasionally.
The ideal candidate will have understanding of design and artwork. Previous experience using Illustrator to create cutting guides is required.
Knowledge of high end film, laminates, pouches, form fill and seal would be advantageous.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Daily project management of artwork from issuing samples to full customer approval.
- Managing packaging briefs for new customer projects.
- Creating cutter guides in Illustrator and designing artwork when required.
- Maintaining the artwork log to ensure there is a comprehensive artwork history for each product and maintaining an artwork library for all printed packaging.
- Regular customer liaison during the artwork process.
- Regular liaison with the artwork provider during the design process.
- Attending pre-press meetings when required.
- Liaison with the supplier's Print Manager during the artwork process to seek print advice and ensure potential issues are resolved before final artwork is released.
- Completing job sheets and chasing artwork approval to ensure critical path is achieved in liaison with administration manager and operations manager.
- Accompanying customers for print approval on press when required - This will involve overseas travel.
- Checking supplier origination invoices and confirming customer charges in liaison with the operations manager.
- Supporting the sales team and attending customer visits if required.
- Ongoing assessment of new print innovations in liaison with supplier base.
- Creating new designs from customer briefs - graphic design experience required.
- Understanding of various printing - gravure, flexo, litho.
- Keeping up to date print specifications from suppliers to send to pre-press.
- Reporting to the Administration Manager.