Sales Office Supervisor / Manager - Corrugated
Our client is a leading corrugated sheet plant based in the East Midlands, they are currently looking to recruit a Sales Office Supervisor / Manager to contribute and drive sales and growth through the Sales team.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Responsible for a team of 2 internal staff
- Liaising with the following: Production Supervisor, Distribution Supervisor and Managing Director
- Ensure maximum order input by sales team.
- Maintain impeccable level of customer service.
- Create and communicate weekly sales figures documents to relevant personnel.
- Communicate with Supply Chain (Procurement & Logistics) colleagues to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of goods to customers.
- Ensure best prices from suppliers.
- Effectively manage the sales team including monitoring their workload; authorise holiday requests; sickness / absence reporting; conduct back to work interviews; set and monitor bonus objectives.
- Establish and monitor customer performance and introduce and develop sales and marketing strategies to meet present and future challenges.
- Assist and develop team members via coaching, training and regular skill assessment.
- Monitor and report on KPIs such as conversion rates and new business rates.
- Handover orders to Production efficiently ensuring goods manufactured to customer requirements.
- Monitor and implement quality control programmes.
- Review performance of direct reports via appraisals and reviews.
- Contribute to Sales / Op meetings ensuring Production and Supply Chain are given necessary information / feedback from customers.
- Ensure follow up of actions from meetings.
- Establish and sustain clear communication channels between Sales and Production via relevant personnel for the benefit of the customer.
- Ensure all direct reports have necessary product knowledge and are fully aware of manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure up-to-date price lists at all times.
- Conduct monthly stock reviews with the necessary departments to ensure optimum control of customer accounts.
- Have an in depth knowledge of Abaca to aid control of area of responsibility.
- Visit customers and collect samples where necessary.
- Co-ordinate activities between Sales, Production and Supply chain to ensure customer needs and expectations are fully met.
- Work across functional boundaries to resolve issues.