Printer Floater - Labels
NEW VACANCY - PK5659
Our client is a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer with prestigious state of the art production facilities, in a period of growth and expansion. The business is passionate about the product it makes, focused on quality, and the level of service and technical support provided to customers and they are not afraid to innovate. They have an impressive customer base divided between brands and contract manufacturers in many industries all demanding the very best quality of packaging.
Reporting to the Production Manager. To produce quality labels in a timely and efficient manner, the role of the floater is to be a flexible resource to assist in always having an efficient, knowledgeable support within production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to run all printing equipment.
- Covering supervisors for holiday and sick.
- Covering printers for holiday and sick.
- Assisting in day to day production of printing, press passes etc.
- Focus on continuous improvement within production.
- Assisting in pre-press when required.
- Assisting in finishing when required.
- Covering the Ink Tech during holidays/sickness.
- Operate Printing equipment according to procedures and job specifications.
- Daily productivity responsibility ensuring that individual schedule and targets set are achieved.
- Ensuring that jobs are produced to the highest quality level and that the ISO9001-2000 quality procedures are followed.
- Responsibility for cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment used in the process.
- Relaying information through the Specification sheet on how jobs are produced and exactly what settings are required to repeat the process.
- To work with Production Manager to continually improve quality, processes and production efficiencies.
- Advising the Production Manager if any tooling is not performing as well as is expected so that, if necessary, replacements can be purchased.
- Follow all safety procedures in operating equipment and performance of job duties
- Maintain work area in organised manner.
- General ad hoc duties as they arise.
Skills & Experience Required for this Position:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous rewinding experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 50 pounds, prolonged standing).
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and ability to read a ruler.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to follow safety procedures.