Senior Data Analyst
DS Smith is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Data Task Force. Within the procurement area it’s been prioritised to get data under good management and have the data cleansed. This needs to be done on a global scale, meaning all divisions’, all regions and sites to assure the desired outcome, i.e. global spend visibility. It’s been recognised this will be a complex and intense task to do therefore a Data Task Force has been set up with the responsibility to deliver the desired results.
The role will require limited travelling, with the intent to meet with team members as well as meetings elsewhere. Travelling can be planned with approval of the Head of Data Task Force on priorities and requirements.
This position is a fixed term contract; estimation is 12-18 months until full delivery is brought on a global scale.
The position can either be based in Milton Keynes or in Schiphol, Amsterdam. Although you will be office based, there will be flexibility to work from home.
•Reporting into the Head of Data Task Force.
•Manage and deliver all procurement data requests.
•To own the procurement dashboard which communicates to the business our performance against key criteria. This will include consolidating data sources each month, qualifying integrity of data and communicating the results.
•Produce management reporting packs and creating presentations as requested.
•Management of DS Smith’s Category Map.
•Management of Preferred Suppliers.
•To be a super user across DS Smith’s Spend Analytics tool, providing support and training to the wider procurement team.
•Engage and effectively build relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
•Maintain central depositories of documents.
•Manage and deliver all reporting requests for the Data Task Force Team.
•Manage upgrades and new releases with the DS Smith’s Spend Analytics supplier and implement and communicate changes accordingly.
What we would like our candidate to have...
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Expert Microsoft Office user – especially Excel.
• Experienced in the manipulation of complex large sets of data.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, methodical and focused.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter and self-motivated with a desire to succeed.
• Able to carry out data quality control and validation.
• Able to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations.
• Enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude, showing initiative and drive.
Location: Milton Keynes or Schiphol (with some flexibility to work from home)