Production Team Leader - Northampton
Production Team Leader – Northampton – Foam
DS Smith Northampton is now seeking a highly performing Production Team Leader to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the Production Team. You will also work closely with all other internal teams to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the production functions.
We are looking for a dynamic, manufacturing professional with the tenacity and vision to deliver significant improvements through the utilisation of leading edge manufacturing tools and techniques. Key to your success will be the ability to harness the support of the workforce, developing a culture which encourages development, high performance and team working.
7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm. 11pm to 7am (Monday to Friday)
You will be required to be flexible to the needs of the business.
You will also be expected to start 30 minutes earlier prior to the start of your shift starting to complete a handover and to plan your labour allocation; this time is included in your salary as it’s required to be able to do your role so is not overtime.
What aspects are involved in this role?
- Organise your personnel and maximise efficiency, brief teams of any changes or issues that they need to be aware of.
- Produce the required parts to the correct standards at all times and make sure all people on your shift have been issued with the correct working instructions and expected standards.
- Ensure a continuous flow of product from the manufacturing areas to warehouse and packaging supplies to machine areas to prevent downtime and logistics issues.
- To report on downtime, scrap and quality issues which happen on your shift and to understand the affects these have on the business.
- Oversee the production department to ensure its running to relevant plant quality standards to meet the customer requirements.
- Provide strong and clear leadership
- Complete any task given by your manager and follow instructions supplied by the operation planner.
- Carryout a daily line audit, monitor all procedures, packing standards, ensure that all customers quality standards are achieved, as well as carrying out safety checks as required.
- Record all personnel issues and record any training people receive, it is important to record every issue and let people know when you are doing this as when disciplinary arrives you may need evidence
- Trouble shooting and finding the problems, correcting and making decisions with the key people in your team.
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Experience in a similar role with a track record of performing at a high level in a busy production environment
- Ability to problem solve, manage information and forward plan
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a time pressured environment
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Evidence of continuous learning and development throughout career
- Experience of working in the Packaging industry for a large organisation
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.