DS Smith (Creo) in Aylesford is now seeking a high performing Operations Manager responsible for the management, motivation and development of the Operational teams.
The role will see the successful individual work closely with site based Sales, Commercial, Planning, and Logistics functions, leading a team of production supervisors, production planner and site engineer, responsible for print, die-cut, finishing and assembly manufacturing operations to ensure safety, quality, delivery, productivity and manufacturing cost objectives are achieved at all times.
Our focus is to deliver world-class operational excellence in a fast paced environment to delight the customer and grow our business. You will need to network with our sister site at Ely, Cambridgeshire and Sales teams in London to ensure common practices and procedures are adopted where applicable and customer/client needs are fully understood and met at all times.
What aspects are involved in this role?
You are likely to be an existing high performer who wants to stretch your operational development whilst achieving first class results. Reporting directly to the site General Manager, as a member of the site senior leadership team you will be accountable for all site manufacturing operations. You will also be responsible for the following:-
• Compiling with site safety policy and procedures at all times and ensuring the same for direct reports and extended teams
• Working closely with Sales, Commercial, Planning and Logistics functions to ensure customer needs are fully understood and met at all times with respect to Quality and OTIF performance
• Tracking, analysing and reporting operational efficiencies including Quality, OEE, Waste and Costs
• Leading on operational C.I. initiatives including 5S, OEE improvement and cost reduction
• Identifying of individual and team needs through PDR process and individual coaching in order to agree and implement training and development needs
• Developing and leading daily/weekly/monthly operational performance meetings, including the involvement other key functions to improved team working and alignment on priorities
• Owning 5S standards within all manufacturing areas in order to maintain housekeeping to agreed standards and improve operational efficiencies
• Supporting capital project plans and activities including SSoW development and operator / technical training needs
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Proven track record in improving productivity within an advanced, team based, continuous improvement manufacturing culture
• Experience in Change Management
• Print and assembly experience
• Continuous Improvement experience
• Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values will be applied in the workplace: Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious
• Ability to make decisions in a time pressured environment with a proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast paced customer service environment
• Experience of leading a team/people management
About Creo (now part of the DS Smith Group): We build true partnerships and deliver exceptional point of sale campaigns. This is achieved through delivering outstanding service and quality, driving innovation and best practice, deploying the latest technology and applying data intelligence.