Products Engineer (Print Production Engineering) x2
£32-37K (Depending on Experience) + 6.5 Weeks Holiday + Bonus + Healthcare + Pension
Our client has been established for over 40 years and are very well-established within the litho, digital and large format arena. Based in the West Midlands, they have all the latest printing and finishing technology allowing them to consistently produce high standard products for their clients.
They are currently recruiting for a Products Engineer to provide engineering support for their Production Print Cut Sheet and Wide Format products, ensuring that the company maintains up to date product & industry knowledge, printing technology and application techniques.
The successful candidate will be responsible for applying this knowledge to develop self, company resources and production processes.
- Leading projects such a SQCDE improvements, product transfers, equipment or process introductions
- Managing on behalf of the business, internal, external and company resources to achieve project objectives
- Carry out investigation and development within your area, making recommendations to the business for continuous improvement
- Concept development, cost analysis, design proving presentation of ideas and options to management, implementation of solutions
- Leading investigations into daily SQCDE issues leading to root cause identification and implementation of permanent countermeasures on behalf of the company
- Plan and manage external resources and projects, recommending to management resource requirements to achieve project SQCDE targets
- Project manage customer driven projects
- Product / equipment installation, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Product / equipment & operation process training
- Design, set up and carry out product performance and evaluation experiment tests
- Provide technical input into improvement of existing and future product design and developments
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Work in conjunction with related functional groups and external new & existing partners
- Technical report skills and other related documentation for product evaluation testing
- Must be proactive with a drive to success and achieve results
- Must be self-directed, plan and prioritise own workload with some guidance from management team
- Excellent communication skills, self-confident and good client facing skills
- Good problem solving and ability to manage a number of parallel projects and activities
- Works on complex issues of broad scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Must be educated to degree level and equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years' experience as Product / Process Engineer with preferred experience in printing technologies
- Must be experienced in project and programme management