Plant Production Manager
Our client is a UK manufacturer who have gone from strength to strength in recent years. They have developed a worldwide presence, serving hundreds of customers in over 20 countries. And they've also grown a strong, capable team of colleagues who are dedicated and loyal. They now require a high calibre Plant Production Manager reporting to the CEO, who will be focused on continually improving things, able to quickly get to the core of a problem using sound data and evidence to shape ideas and develop strategies to set a purposeful direction. Crucially a strong motivator and able convince the shop floor, senior managers and customers to act using a calm and composed approach.
The successful person will need both an analytical and a practical turn of mind. Also, they will have a proven track record in the packaging, plastics or food manufacturing sector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the drive to be the best in class safety culture.
- Lead by example and earn the respect of the team you are responsible for.
- Plan production to operate efficiently in a dynamic and customer responsive business.
- Keep quality front & centre of your operational priorities.
- Coach the team to enhance the level of empowerment with both the individual and team.
- Coach a collaborative problem-solving approach when resolving challenges within the site.
- Oversee the proper storage of stock in accordance with insurance, Health & Safety and production requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive SOP's and databases for use at the work station to support the team out on the line for reference and knowledge enhancement.
- Define & maximise optimal settings for products & their variants during processing to enhance the team
- knowledge base and enhance operational performance.
- Implement and monitor KPI's for the operational processes. Recommend and implement actions where performance is not at the required standard.
- Plan production such that time is allocated to both "on the run" maintenance, planned maintenance & annual servicing to maximise up time.
- Weekly & Daily planning with Production team to maximise uptimes, throughput and minimise potential for quality contamination.
- Promote a culture driven by safety, quality, customer service, planning and ownership.
- Maintain and enhance Health & Safety standards via continuous improvement of existing processes, training and action plans.
Qualifications & Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Experience of managing multiple raw material inputs with varying quality specs from a wide range of suppliers in a manufacturing or supply chain environment.
- Experience of managing budgets to target.
- Experience of driving root cause corrective and preventative action with Suppliers.
- Proven experience of training employees to enhance quality assurance.
- Experience of developing stock management systems to improve accuracy, costing analysis and reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the implementation of ISO 9001 or equivalent standard.
- Experience of working with multiple polymer types an advantage, but not required.
- Practical experience & approach to sampling to identify quality issues in a jobbing environment.
- Recognised safety training.
- Application of HACCP in a production environment.
- BRC/IOP Global standard for Packaging certified.
- Green/Black belt 6 sigma trained.
- Managing performance problems.