- To Overprint jobs to the appropriate quality standard within the set time guidelines on either a 2 colour or 4 colour Halm press.
- To work as part of a team to hit daily and as a result monthly output targets.
Key Contacts/Working Relationships:
- Reports directly to the Overprint Production Manager
- Day to day supervision from the Manager
- Working on a shift rotation with other Overprinters
Job Holder Responsibilities:
- Completing the daily set-up maintenance (on the morning shift)
- Making ready into jobs to the instructions & proofs available in the job bag specification
- Placing any unacceptable / problem stock in quarantine with the appropriate label & communicating the issues to the Overprint Manager
- Obtaining a double sign-off of each job at the start of each job
- Running jobs to an acceptable print quality and register
- Maintaining the jobs during running to not only the speeds requested but to the quality signed off at the start
- Following the Quality Control checking procedures supplied, including the regular checks & logging of data
- Trouble-shooting if a job is not signed off in order to obtain the required quality level e.g. liaison with graphics about artwork or plates or speaking with other printers for ideas on the specific machine
- To communicate any breakdowns or issues to your Line Manager and the engineering team on site as quickly as possible
- To complete each job including closure of the relevant paperwork, the filing of job bags for internal records & provision of excellent samples for every job as specified by the instructions
- Daily completion of a timesheet including all elements of the shift to record any downtime, maintenance, running & make ready issues
- Minimum of 2 years printing experience on a either a 2 colour or 4 colour Halm overprint machine
- Relevant Printing qualification i.e. City & Guilds Printing & Theory or NVQ in Printing
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge & experience of overprinting.
- Hitting keen targets in a highly pressurised environment to ensure customer requirements are met
- Trouble shooting & resolving issues on the machines to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum at all times
- The successful candidate should be a team player, willing to learn & develop their skills during their employment and with ability to provide flexibility when required.
- The company expects all employees to be courteous and respectful at all times and will not tolerate any prejudice or discrimination.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills
- Keen attention to detail (to adhere to the quality standards set through ISO 9001 adherence)
- Knowledge of working within an ISO 14001 environmentally managed system would be a bonus