Print Production Manager - Hertfordshire -£35-40k
A new appointment is on offer for an experienced Production Manager looking to join a highly regarded print and packaging company, working with some of the biggest global brands and creative agencies. The company has a strong emphasis on quality, customer service and investing in the latest technology and equipment.
We are looking to appoint a Print Production Manager to join the team at this exciting stage of company growth.
We are seeking a highly technically competent print manager who is used to working in a fast paced environment and can demonstrate a strong work ethic. We are looking for an individual who can build on our recent improvements to optimise the production capabilities
You should have experience in using industry standard print software and demonstrate an understanding of improvement methodologies focusing on delivering best value, high quality product.
As the print production manager, you will work closely with department leads across the production flow and we would be looking for someone with ambition who is prepared to be a team player but also a change maker. The role will be responsible for the efficient functioning of the press and will line manage production operatives. We are looking for someone who can motivate a team to deliver performance to a high standard and to look to continuously improve performance.
Specific duties within the role include:
- Utilise Lean Production techniques to seek continuous improvements and as a means to resolve workflow issues
- Ensure that effective processes are in place for: - planning, purchasing of materials, control of inventory, supporting product quality levels, production record keeping and the maintenance of equipment
- Direct and manage production operators
- Manage employee performance through reviews of performance against objectives
- Implement, monitor and respond to KPIs, seeking continuous performance improvement
Specific experience required for the role
A minimum of 3 years’ management experience within a manufacturing/production environment, with a proven track record for improving the performance of productivity and staff. Additional key skills are set out below:
- Previous experience of working in packaging / print production is vital.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of colour management.
- Full knowledge and understanding of print processes and printability (litho & digital).
- Repro experience / knowledge would be a bonus.
- Experience in organising and management of logistics/transport
- Client facing personality.
- Working knowledge of Lean processes
- Proactive rather than reactive to resolve issues from arising
- Leadership skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This superb opportunity is available now, so please don't delay in sending your cv or call for a chat
Apply for Print Production Manager - Hertfordshire -£35-40k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly