External Account Manager - Food Service Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5700)
EXTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - FOOD SERVICE PACKAGING
£25-£30K depending on experience + Commission + Car / Car Allowance + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Laptop + Phone + Pension
Our client is a leading supplier within the Catering and Janitorial Disposables and Goods Not For Resale industry. They supply a broad range of products from carriers to paper, foil & plastic food grade packaging/ containers to refuse sacks and tableware.
Due to recent success selling into End Users in the Catering Markets they are currently looking for a driven External Account Manager to take over a portfolio of accounts and develop New Business ideally in Small to Medium Chains.
Knowledge of Printed and Branded Food Service Packaging is Essential, as is experience working with Cafes, Restaurants and Hotel Chains
The ideal candidate will reside in the Midlands so you can spend time in the office and 2 Days per week you will be out of the office at client appointments.
- Must have external field based sales experience selling to HORECA End Users
- Must be used to travelling across the country and willing to stay overnight on occasion.
- Be self-motivated and have aspirations to succeed in a competitive sales environment.
- Be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude.
- Be confident and professionally presented.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Account management of prospective and existing customers.
- Liaise with telephone sales team for sales leads and customer service.
- Cold calling required to generate New Business.
- Increase sales month on month to achieve agreed targets.
- Promote existing products to new customers and new products to existing customers.
- Seek to win business from competitors.
- Manage appointment diary and customer contact log to maximum efficiency.
- Achieve sales targets and provide customers with high levels of service.
- Maintain regular customer contact to upsell and introduce new products.
- Monitor and report competitor activity and increase market understanding.
- Play an active role in expanding the product range to increase market penetration.
- Report monthly sales figures to the Managing Director.