Director of Procurement and Purchasing
- Contract Type
Job Title: Director of Purchasing and Procurement
Reporting to: CFO
About The Delta Group
The Delta Group is the parent company of 5 internationally recognised organisations: Lick Creative, Superior Creative Services, Zone, Delta Display and MPD Fulfilment.
As a major visual communications group, we specialise in the design, print and fulfilment of promotional marketing materials. Our aim is to innovate, progress and evolve our clients’ marketing campaigns to give stand-out in a crowded market. We’re owner-managed and independent, leading small teams of influential thinkers, meaning that we have the agility of a small business but the resources of a large one.
Our belief is that in a changing industry, we must be a company that can change with it.
The Cutting Edge of Print Innovation
We've always been innovators, leading the way in printing litho on to plastics and in digital printing. We're also an established beta test site for many of the leading printing press manufacturers.
Additionally, we were the first in our field to invest in an ultra large (XXL) format UV litho press and today remain the only company in our sector worldwide to operate two of these giant machines.
The post holder will be will be required to manage and develop the Delta procurement team across both Direct and Indirect Categories. This is a Group Role, reporting to the CFO, with direct management of four heads.
The Direct team source, mainly on a domestic scale, a wide range of input products to service a highly diverse print & service based business. A key component of the role is to research improved service, product and price from existing and new suppliers to ensure that the Delta Group retain their market leading position.
The Indirect remit covers a wide range of product and services, including procurement of categories such as outsourced print, energy, security, logistics and temporary labour as well as oversight of other purchasing within facilities, installation services and permanent display. Solutions need to be cost effective while also satisfying other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
The role will involve maximising synergies across the group from a multi-site acquisition.
The role will require a degree of travel however, will primarily be based at the companies head offices in London & Waltham Abbey.
- To develop, implement and maintain the purchasing strategy and related policies to include cost reduction, supplier consolidation, service delivery improvements and process efficiencies
- To manage and develop the procurement team (currently consisting of four heads) in order to increase their effectiveness
- Line Management ensuring that the team’s personal knowledge is up to date on systems, product, material and technical processes. Manage the team’s performance, reviewing on a regular basis, and developing, coaching and training, where necessary
- Development and reporting of procurement metrics against budget, stock turn, stock outs and the financial impact of purchasing decisions
- Forecast procurement needs and negotiate contracts as required to deliver savings across the supply chain
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others, undertaking root cause analysis, taking corrective and preventative action
- Negotiate best prices and contracts with approved suppliers, suggesting beneficial changes
- Forecasting likely levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels to maximise business efficiency
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Stakeholder Management, liaising with suppliers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Identifying potential suppliers, reviewing existing suppliers, and building and maintaining effective relationships and ensuring suppliers are aligned to meet business needs
- Sourcing supplies throughout the UK, EU and throughout the World to support Delta operations in the UK, Europe and Eire.
- Evaluate and advise market conditions, providing timely analysis and assess areas for growth
- Evaluating bids, making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Report regularly to the Directors regarding business activity and performance data
- Key suppliers and customers
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A proven track record in a similar role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional approach to problem solving and internal customer relations
- Ideally a knowledge and understanding of permanent and promotional Point of Sale production practices and processes
- Effective leader
- MCIPS would be desirable
Apply for Director of Procurement and Purchasing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly