NEW VACANCY! (PK5720)
MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ESSEX
Up to £31K + Contribution Pension up to 11% + 25 days holiday (plus bank) + Death in Service (6 x salary) + Other Benefits
Hours of Work: 7:30-16:00 Monday to Thursday / 7:30-15:00 Fridays
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of beverage and food packaging. The company are currently looking to recruit two Engineers, one Mechanical and one with Electrical bias to join their team. To work on planned and reactive maintenance of equipment and any other engineering duties as determined by the Engineering Supervisor / Engineering Manager.
- To ensure high standards of Health & Safety by complying with onsite protocols for self and work, reporting any violations to protect other members of the workforce.
- To create solutions to problems that arise ensuring minimum disruption to production.
- Education Operators to ensure their working practices maintain the life span of the machinery.
- Working as part of a team to foster good working practices & relationships.
- To assist in the general running of the production.
- Build partnerships with selected suppliers to ensure fast-track innovation.
- Communicating effectively with production personnel to ensure efficient daily running of production machines.
- Communicating technical ideas / problems to non-technical personnel.
- Organise development projects within budget and timescale to provide new packaging options and processes contributing to the profitability of company.
- Carry out value engineering on existing products in order to improve the quality: cost ratio.
- To assist in the transfer of new products and processes into production
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure Production machinery is available and performing above targets through practical proactive efficiency improvements and maintenance.
- Carry out product / mould variant changeovers when necessary.
- Maintain suitable records of projects and maintenance activities.
- Relevant Engineering Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous Engineering experience within Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of heavy industry and working with large industrial equipment.
- For the Mechanical role you must have a good working knowledge of maintenance and repairs of gearboxes, conveyors and drive belt systems for general plant maintenance.
- For the Electrical role you must have a good working knowledge of PLCs, UV Printing and Palletising systems or similar.
Core Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to think on their feet & solve often-complex engineering issues.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to lead small teams when required.
- Good practical hands-on engineering skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of polymer processing techniques
- The ability to manage small projects or sub-elements of larger projects
- A positive attitude with the ability to get the job done.