DS Smith has an exciting opportunity available for a Manufacturing Manager at their site in Ely. This vital role will involve leading and developing the manufacturing team to achieve all KPIs. It is vital to drive a culture of performance and accountability. The role will work closely with manufacturing colleagues across the wider DS Smith Retail Marketing business, and UK Packaging. If you are an ambitious, driven leader looking for your next challenge we would love to hear from you!
You will also be responsible for:
The key elements of the role include working and setting production KPI’s, working to high quality company standards, assessing H&S measures and employee development and training. Some of the key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
• Constantly reduce safety hazards, and ensure a positive safety behaviour culture in all areas of manufacturing
• Accelerate the pace of change and drive a culture of performance and continual improvement on site
• Deliver our daily and weekly production plan, on time and on budget
• Continually improve customer service
• Set stretching KPI targets for self and wider manufacturing team
• Lead and develop colleagues in operations effectively, adhering at all times to DS Smith standard HR policies
• Ensure continuous improvement in the operating efficiencies
• Ensure full adherence to all BRC and ISO requirements
• Prepare and agree budgets with the general manager for capital expenditure, manning levels and production volume
• Identification of capital requirements which will drive innovation and service improvement.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Proven operations/manufacturing leadership track record which has been gained in an advanced team based environment
• An ability to prioritise tasks effectively, in a very dynamic environment
• Commitment to team working principles and the necessary strengths, character, communication and interpersonal skills to take the business to record levels of productivity, quality and customer service performance
• Great listening and observational skills
• Qualifications and training in Safety and Quality management
• A learning attitude and a willingness to try new initiatives
• Computer literate to an advanced level
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.