DS Smith is currently recruiting for a Sustainability Coordinator. This role has been created within DS Smith’s central Sustainability Team to meet the growing demands of the company’s large and diverse customer base. To continue to meet this demand and strengthen the DS Smith commercial proposition, we are seeking an intelligent and diligent individual to support the incumbent Sustainability Strategy and Communications Manager.
This is a challenging and creative role which offers some scope to manage your own workload. The Sustainability Coordinator must be flexible, adaptable and able to meet the diverse challenges that present themselves when dealing with a multitude of customers across Europe. An ability to manage a varied workload under pressure and to tight timelines is required, together with the self-motivation to develop value adding analysis and reporting during quieter periods.
In this role you will have the opportunity to undertake the following:
• Provide data and analysis for ad-hoc customer requests; RFQs, regular customer questionnaires and Trade Association enquiries
• Support routine customer reporting on Origin of Fibre, Carbon Emissions, Recycling, Waste, Water etc
• Be flexible and ready to provide accurate and authentic support to commercial teams
• Create Powerpoint material that is; relevant, concise, visually impactful and to the point
• Prepare material in formats that are relevant for all types of delivery; face to face customer meetings, sent via email or for hard copy use
• Liaise with sustainability colleagues in all DS Smith regions
• Maintain a fundamental understanding of the supplier/customer commercial relationship
• Work closely with the CERTUS shared services team to ensure that the data being used externally is of the highest quality possible.
• Be an expert user of CERTUS to extract key data sets and develop templated output reports
To succeed, you are likely to have the following:
• Good business English is essential. Additional European languages would be highly beneficial.
• Graduate calibre, with evidence of having studied sustainability, environmental or technical related discipline and/or a marketing/communications qualification
• Be self-motivated in order to work with some autonomy but willing to be co-operative as part of a wider team, with an outgoing yet professional manner
• Be highly numerate, analytical and methodical whilst being creative and flexible
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the key Sustainability topics relevant to the corrugated packaging industry and how to apply this in a commercial environment
• Knowledge of, or capability to quickly learn about, shifting sustainability-related topics
• Academic or work-related experience in a Sustainability discipline, and previous exposure to corporate sustainability is highly desirable
• Experience from another commercial field (Sales, Marketing, Market Research, Market Insight etc) would be an advantage
• Awareness of sustainability audit processes as applied within a B2B environment would be highly beneficial
• A relevant professional qualification would be seen as an advantage but not essential
Location: Homebased, or at any DS Smith site across Europe
The role will be approximately:
- 75% Site based. Some home-based remote working using DS Smith IT resources is possible.
- 25% Occasional ad hoc requirements to attend customer workshops and meetings in London or other European cities which will require overnight travel from time to time
About DS Smith: DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme