Impact Centre Manager - Retail Customer Experience - Fordham
Impact Centre Manager – Fordham
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an Impact Centre Manager to help co-ordinate and manage our Impact Centre in Fordham.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the value we create and driving the success of the centre for results.
The purpose-built facility creates a modern, engaging customer experience. Since opening at the end of 2017, the centre has demonstrated its attractiveness to existing customer contacts and many others. It represents a substantial, leading investment, to help us to engage with customers, to inspire them and to generate sales opportunity.
What some of the key duties this role will involve:
• Accountability for ensuring Impact Centre is utilised according to KPIs set with rest of organisation.
• Working with colleagues to develop themes, understanding, identify case studies, product and prop acquisition, creative development and production for the initial fit out
• Working closely with sales colleagues and other Impact Centre Champions to deliver engaging, inspiring and educational workshops
• Owning the visiting process from beginning to end, ensuring we capture the value generated by the visit.
• Be seen as the expert on trends in retail compiling periodical trend reports for the sales and marketing community.
• Continuous development and improvement of themes, displays and technology to underpin workshops
• Monthly measures and reporting
• Facilities management and liaison with site based support teams
• Ensuring all other meetings are supported as necessary
• Keeping up to date with shopper, retail and wider supply chain trends
• Continuous understanding of DS Smith products, processes and capabilities
• Day-to-day management of the Impact Centre
• Collaboration with colleagues outside the UK, to contribute to the development of the European Impact Centre network.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Sales or marketing experience, ideally within FMCG companies
• An understanding of retail and wider supply chain trends as well as DS Smith products, processes and capabilities
• An interest in consumer behaviour, retailing, FMCG supply chains and the fast changing sales channels our customers experience, whether in shops or via e-retail.
• Highly effective presentation skills and the ability to confidently deliver training/workshops
• Strong communication skills – experience working alongside a variety of stakeholders
• Programme or project management capability
• Strong commercial awareness
• An understanding of artwork process and print would be helpful, but not essential
• Proficient in the use of IT
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme