Data Programmer | Direct Mail | Middlesex
Data Programmer required due to the winning of new clients and rapid business growth. This is a key role for anyone with a strong XMPie or GMC background as you will be working for one of the market leaders when it comes to intelligent mailing solutions. Must have a good understanding of the print/mail industry, pre-press processes and highly personalised data driven marketing communications.
Data Programmer | Direct Mail | Middlesex | Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
North London based this company is responsible for some of the most effective cross-media direct marketing campaigns ever seen in the UK. In addition to state-of-the-art digital printing and direct mail capabilities they have full in-house print production, finishing and fulfilment capabilities with the ability to source and manage every aspect of a campaign’s print production.
As Data Programmer you will be responsible for:
- Data programming using XMPIE and Cygnus
- Supporting the Data Services team with producing jobs, both printed output and online activities
- Processing, manipulating, cleansing, formatting and presenting data
- Understanding and documenting each jobs workflow, making recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Delivering continual high quality output to meet client deadlines
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communication channels with the departmental manager and technical lead
- Compliance with all written company procedures and processes
Key attributes required:
- Understanding of the print and mail industry
- Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems
- Experience working with data
- Strong Excel skills, knowledge of data formats and processes (text based data formats; CSV, TXT), SQL, Access and Excel etc.
- Basic SQL knowledge (MySQL/Microsoft SQL server)
- Prior experience with data manipulation software such as Cygnus or MatchIT
- Experience in Direct Mail operations (deduping suppressions, mail sorting (GeMMA), barcoding etc.)
- Knowledge of print and design tools: InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Prior experience with VDP composition software such as XMPie – GMC Printnet T is an advantage
- Good understanding of scripting and coding principles and experience with basic programming
- •HTML/CSS experience
Outstanding opportunity to build your career with a progressive organisation at the forefront of cutting edge technology.
Forward your CV for more information on the role.