Production Team Leader
DS Smith Kemsley is now seeking a highly performing Production Team Leader to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the Production Team. You will assist the Business Manager in directing and controlling all production and appropriate commercial matters in such a manner as to deliver the Company’s operational strategy and objectives without compromising standards in respect of people, plant, machinery and transport. To assist the Business Manager in ensuring the Company’s strategy, objectives and policies are effectively communicated, paying particular attention to all matters related to Health and Safety.
This role will deputise for the Line Manager in their absence.
What aspects are involved in this role?
You are likely to be an existing high performer who wants to stretch your operational development. You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:-
• Developing strong clear leadership and vision within Production, evolving an operationally excellent environment which promotes continuous improvement, empowerment, motivation, participation and team working that allows employees to develop to their maximum potential
• Alongside the Business Manager, regularly review depot performance and create action plans for improvement.
• Ensure Safe Systems or Work & Risk Assessments are in place and adhered to, and ensuring staff are fully trained.
• Assist with finance, ensuring all costs are controlled in line with business plans, and assisting with preparing month end accounts, keeping costs to a minimum.
• Ensuring all processes and procedures are managed, ensuring the most efficient delivery for paper production.
• Leading the team, playing an active part in driving continuous improvement, and chairing team briefings & performance hub sessions, sharing best practice.
• Working closely with the leadership team to continually develop strategies to meet and further develop the overall operational, financial and commercial objectives of the business
• Ensuring the effective running of the Production functions on a day-to-day basis and the strategic development of the team and department to deliver the site’s Business Plan in line with Divisional/Group initiatives to achieve service excellence
• Monitor and control stocks of consumables to ensure production operations are not disrupted and cost are managed within budget.
• Manage quality standards of incoming and outgoing material, taking appropriate action where necessary.
• Further driving the profitability of the business by maximising the utilisation of equipment and employees and ensure continuous improvement in the operating efficiencies
• Playing an active role within the sites Senior Management Team to ensure effective and constructive operational service input into the development of the site to meet the business plan.
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Practical knowledge of how plant and machinery work in complex system
- Understanding of raw material product specifications.
- Working knowledge of the Company IT systems
- Understanding of quality management system
- Experience leading and motivating teams and individual
- Experience in a position of authority
- Experience in operating mobile plant would be an advantage
- Experience in operating fixed plant would be an advantage
- Experience of working within Recycling would be an advantage
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £33, 643
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme