Engineering Coordinator - Multi Site
DS Smith Plastics designs and manufactures packaging products, material handling and automotive components using a variety of expanded foam materials including expanded polystyrene (EPS), expanded polypropylene (EPP) and expanded polyethylene (EPE). DS Smith Plastics Foam Products has 4 factories in the UK; Northampton, Livingston, Spennymoor and Torpoint. Northampton is also the location of the Technical Centre and Divisional HQ.
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Co-ordinator to join us at our DS Smith Plastics as part of the Business Support Team which works to support and improve all aspects of the business. Reporting to the Divisional Technical Manager, the Engineering Co-ordinator will be responsible for a number of areas including developing engineering and process best practice and standardisation across all sites.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment, have experience of leading and supporting a team and have proven experience of meeting targets within a high pressured environment.
Location: Can be based at any one of Spennymoor, Livingston, Torpoint or Northampton plants but will require travel.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the highest levels of health & safety in all areas of engineering and advising and supporting the plants to comply with legislative and internal requirements.
• Ensuring Engineering best practice across all locations
• Standardising processes and procedures
• Continuous Excellence
• Working to improve energy consumption within all processes
• Developing preventative maintenance processes to improve downtime, efficiency and quality
• Implementation and development of SharePoint solutions
• Managing major capital projects along with Divisional Technical Manager & Plant teams
• Managing central agreements such as water treatment and group service contracts
• Process development and training
• Investigation and development of new technologies
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Experience in a similar role
• University degree, preferably in an engineering discipline, and/or several year’s professional engineering experience
• Experience in in Particle Foam Moulding (EPS/EPP)
• If not above then similar such as Injection Moulding
• Knowledge of Polymers/Plastics
• Strong leadership ability
• Strong ability to communicate effectively, both on a verbal and written basis, at all levels of the business and with customers
• High degree of problem solving and analytical ability
• Self-motivated, pro-active, persistent and professional
• Able to manage stress well and deal with conflict situations
• Strong knowledge of SharePoint and ERP systems
• Strong Knowledge of LEAN / Continuous Excellence
• Strong knowledge and understanding of financial aspects of business
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme