Customer Service Excellence Manager - Blunham
Our DS Smith site in Blunham is currently seeking an ambitious Service Excellence Manager to support and manage the team to achieve service excellence. DS Smith is looking for a motivated individual who is strong on process and enjoys challenging themselves daily. This will be important as you will have full accountability for the Customer Service function at Blunham and our site in Louth.
Reporting to the Sales Director – Conventional Products, this role will involve the smooth running of the Customer Service function, whilst also strategically developing the people, and processes. The successful applicant will need to bring together the Customer Service teams at our Sheet Feeding locations to ensure they are working in a unified way alongside our logistics partners.
A natural leader, this person’s focus will be to deliver first-class customer service, in a fast-paced environment, whilst also supporting the growth plans we have in place for these areas. You will continually develop and promote an environment that promotes constructive involvement and engagement for the whole of the Customer Service Team.
You will be an effective liaison between the Customer Service function and the external Sales Team in order to improve cross-departmental relations. You will also play an active role within the Company’s middle-management team by attending meetings to ensure effective and constructive customer service input into the development of the Sheet Feeding business.
Key duties that this role will involve:
- Being the direct Line Manager of the Customer Service team; including performance reviews, absence monitoring and reporting
- Identify, investigate and resolve day-to-day general management issues which arise
- Develop an environment of trust and support, encouraging engagement and individual development
- Ensure effective running of the Customer Service function and the strategic development of the Team/department
- Responsible for KPI monitoring and reporting, notably ODIF, origination recovery and complaints.
- Ensure stock management processes and procedures are defined, documented and followed by the team
- Manage and report on customer order requirements within defined lead dates and agreed customer service levels
- Managing the complaints procedure by actively investigating/identifying root-cause and resolving department fault complaints along with NCR’s (Implementing corrective actions when appropriate)
- Ensure all documentation, records and the business systems relating to each Customer account are accurate, up to date and reflective of current practices
- Support and develop a culture which promotes daily problem elimination, whilst devising and implementing improvements to systems methods and procedures
What we would like our candidate to have…
- A proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast paced customer service environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a ‘lead by example’ attitude
- Excellent knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and CRM systems
- Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values – Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious – will be applied in the workplace
- Ability to make decisions in a time-pressured environment
- Previous experience of leading a team/people management
- A strong process/business improvement record
- Knowledge of a manufacturing environment
- Improvement of CRM processes
About DS Smith Plc:
DS Smith Plc. is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 28,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive pension and life insurance package
- Annual cycle to work scheme