Site HR Business Partner
DS Smith has an excellent opportunity for a site HR Business Partner to work within their UK Packaging Division. The role will be based at our Devizes site but will cover a cluster of sites in Bristol and South Wales. Reporting to the Sector HR Business Partner forming a vital part of the UK Packaging HR team, the site HR Business Partner will ensure the delivery of the HR agenda and provide support & guidance to site management teams.
The site HR Business Partner will be pro-active in resolving challenging situations whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation.
If you are an experienced HR Professional, held stand-alone roles and have an attitude that gets results, then we would like to hear from you.
What being a Site HR Business Partner at DS Smith will involve:
• Drive and deliver HR excellence by developing and implementing people plans in line with HR strategy and site business needs;
• Develop effective working relationships with site GM’s and leadership teams to enable a first class HR service to be delivered;
• Provide HR leadership in areas such as performance management, absence management and employee relations;
• Enable line managers to manage all HR related issues;
• Lead on key change projects – restructuring, TUPE, working practices;
• Deploy talent management at site level whilst providing the necessary support, guidance and calibration;
• Deliver the engagement & communication strategy focussing on areas such as engagement surveys, OWN IT, healthy hearts and internal communication;
• Develop and embed a high performance culture;
• Use the HR dashboard to shape and drive local action plans i.e. to reduce absenteeism, improve performance management and manage headcount;
• Deliver world class basics and governance;
• Lead and participate in a number of UK HR projects as and when required;
• Identify areas of improvement and implement changes which improve efficiency and service offering as well as reducing cost.
What we would like our candidate to have:
• The ability to demonstrate a successful track record of HR delivery, working in a standalone single site or multi-site role, which has had a measurable impact on business performance;
• Experience of coaching managers on HR issues and supporting the delivery of HR projects;
• The ability to build relationships at all levels;
• The ability to be versatile and practical and able to provide solutions;
• Lead by example and be resilient to challenging situations;
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills;
• Good understanding of employment law and up to date with future legislation and its potential impact;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience (desirable);
• CIPD (desirable).
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: Devizes (will cover a cluster of sites across Bristol and South Wales)
Salary: £40,000 -£50,000 per annum.
• Up to 10% Bonus
• Company Car
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 23rd November 2018
• Telephone interviews (60 mins) to be held during week commencing 26th November 2018
• 1st Face to Face interviews to be held during week commencing 3rd and 10th December 2018 in the location of the role
• 2nd Face to Face interviews to be held during week commencing 10th December 2018 or 7th January 2019 in Solihull