HR Assistant - Louth (Multi-Site)
DS Smith is currently recruiting for a HR Assistant to work within our Packaging division in Louth. The successful candidate will report to the site HR Business Partner, forming a vital part of the UK Packaging HR team. The HR Assistant will assist with the delivery of the HR operational plan and deployment of HR initiatives.
The HR Assistant will be responsible co-ordinating HR activity by providing administrative support, ensuring all HR activities are conducted in a timely, accurate and professional manner as well as providing adhoc HR support to the site HR Business Partner.
In this role you will have the opportunity to undertake the following:
• Assist in the development of site HR operational plans;
• Carry out HR audit with site HRBP and establish and implement corrective actions;
• Assist in the effective deployment of HR policies and procedures;
• Co-ordination of training requirements in line with the site leads, ensuring that employees have completed at least the minimum requirements for their role;
• Assist in the delivery of HR induction for new employees;
• Ensure regular reviews during employee’s probationary period in line with policy;
• Establish and develop key relationships across the business building cooperative working relationships, gaining others’ support, commitment & actions;
• Deal with general queries;
• Provide ad-hoc HR support as and when required i.e. disciplinary/grievance hearings;
• Co-ordinate and provide monthly reporting data i.e. HR dashboard, LTS, headcount and case management;
• Co-ordinate ad-hoc HR initiatives and reporting requests i.e. right work ensuring compliance;
• Ensure GDPR compliance, specifically relating to personnel files and locally held personal data;
• Ensure workday is up to date by carrying out monthly audits;
• Leading and supporting projects as required.
• Cover other sites as and when required.
To succeed, you are likely to have the following:
• Experience of working in an administrative/assistant role;
• Strong administrative and organisation skills;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint;
• Flexible ‘can do’ attitude with solutions focused approach;
• Ability to drive ‘right first time’ approach towards work with attention to detail;
• Ability and desire to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Demonstrate flexibility in willingness to travel to perform duties when required;
• Competent with data manipulation and analysis.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: Louth (Multi-site)
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme