Head of Logistics and Distribution MPD
Job Overview and Key Responsibilities
The Head of MPD will run and continuously improve MPD operations & customer service based on our client’s needs. Responsibilities include;
- Overall responsibility for managing warehouse, transport and logistics operations.
- Negotiate Commercial rates with major 3PL distribution providers.
- Contract management of major 3PL’s.
- Manage and own several P&L’s for the business unit.
- Working with both internal teams and external suppliers to achieve successfully integrated projects and managing supplier relationships and maintaining delivery compliance.
- Negotiate with internal sales teams regarding warehouse pick & pack charges to clients.
- Owning and developing a vision for the service, and provide direction for the overall MPD business unit.
- Manage the month end invoicing process for the department and create reports with analysis for areas of improvement.
- Provide sales forecasts for finance department.
- Continuous improvement projects.
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing costs.
- Promoting the growth in MPD services to senior stakeholders within the group, and assisting colleagues across the business to use the service to improve speed to market.
Skills and experience
- Experience managing large teams within warehouse and/or transport departments.
- Experience with managing senior operational managers.
- Experience in European/international shipping.
- Strong commercial experience and P&L management.
- Experience of managing cost-centres and data manipulation.
- Experience in setting budgets and providing a clear plan to achieve results.
- Experience across both the film and retail sectors – desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a focused, agile environment.
- Track-record of leadership in successful project delivery and be focussed on continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to motivate self-organising agile teams, delegate decision making to the most effective level, and empower teams to deliver to the best of their abilities.
- Proven expertise in project management ensuring responsiveness to the changing needs of our industry/environment.
- Experience in managing the expectations of stakeholders with conflicting needs and demands.
- Show high level of competence in engaging with senior stakeholders (both internally and externally).
- Leading and communicating
- Collaborating and partnering
- Relationship building
- Team Building
- Employee Development
- Commercial acumen
- Influencing and negotiating