Quality Manager (Manufacturing)
Work with us
It takes a particular kind of spirit to work in the PhotoBox group. It’s not for everyone. For a start, we’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We thrive on each other’s passion for delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We look for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and wow customers.
We can be chaotic in our methods and while this is something we’re getting better at, the reality is when you join us, you won’t necessarily have clear structures and processes to guide you. We need people who can carve their own path and even work with others to show us the way. If you see this as the freedom to fly, read on.
What you will get from us is a whole heap of people who want to help you succeed. People who are passionate about seeing our business thrive. People who want to share what they know and what they’ve learned with you. You’ll get the chance to work on projects that are changing the experience for customers and colleagues, and everyone is welcome.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, but who are up for doing things differently as well. In return we’ll invest all we can in making sure you get the best from our family of brands, because we do everything. This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently. And enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t have to take ourselves too seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Quality & Implementation Manager is responsible for maintaining quality through our manufacturing processes, new product on-boarding & developing processing auditing of our unique, made to order, photo products to our customers.
This role leads the factory Quality Control and Implementation team, as well as working closely with production, New Product Innovation and Data teams.
The role reports into the Head of Production and will drive quality improvements, lead projects and support improvement initiatives.
- Key responsibility for leading the factory Quality Control and Implementation team
- Working with central Lean function to establish and develop Continuous Improvement Strategies and to implement a best practice lean management structure.
- Coach, mentor & inspire colleagues to maintain high quality standards
- Implement new processes, and work with data owners and functional managers to monitor and report on quality of processes
- Support new product development initiatives to ensure a quality product throughout testing
- Project lead on new products in synergy with the lean team and set best practice
- Administer and monitor checklists and standard of implementation of new processes along with fully documented procedures and process manuals
- Implement Training plans for peak for operators on expected quality control processes
- Review errors, issues, complaints and undertake root cause analysis on both internal and external processes
- Perform root cause analysis methodology for problem solving and recommend corrective actions, whilst passing on issues to managers where necessary
- Monitor client/customer feedback and complaints
- Report metrics & projects to the management team
- Work with group steering team and external quality experts to define strategy, best practice and define quality improvement actions
- Identify, analyse, and improve existing business process
- Good understanding of all group products produced in the UK, production processes and quality issues
- Experience and background in Quality management, Project management & Process improvement
- To identify, analyse, and improve existing business process
- Process mapping & analytics expertise
- Ideally educated to BTEC or equivalent in an Engineering based discipline
- A basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing methodology fast moving environment
- Awareness or working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) ISO 9001
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly customer focused, have a flexible approach and strong analytical skills
- Be able to prioritise workloads and to meet project deadlines
- Pay close attention to detail and be able to work as part of a team
- Microsoft Windows, and office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, QlikView)
- Philosophies of Continuous improvements and Quality tools and processes