Site HR Business Partner - UK Packaging - Burscough
2 days left
- Contract Type
DS Smith has an excellent opportunity for a site HR Business Partner to work within their UK Packaging Division. This role will be based in Burscough but will also cover our packaging site in Wirral. Reporting to the Sector HR Business Partner forming a vital part of the UK Packaging HR team, the site HR Business Partner will ensure the delivery of the HR agenda and provide support & guidance to site management teams.
The site HR Business Partner will be pro-active in resolving challenging situations whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation.
If you are an experienced HR Professional, held stand-alone roles and have an attitude that gets results, then we would like to hear from you.
What being a Site HR Business Partner at DS Smith will involve:
- Drive and deliver HR excellence by developing and implementing people plans in line with HR strategy and site business needs;
- Develop effective working relationships with site GM’s and leadership teams to enable a first class HR service to be delivered;
- Provide HR leadership in areas such as performance management, absence management and employee relations;
- Enable line managers to manage all HR related issues;
- Lead on key change projects – restructuring, TUPE, working practices;
- Deploy talent management at site level whilst providing the necessary support, guidance and calibration;
- Deliver the engagement & communication strategy focussing on areas such as engagement surveys, OWN IT, healthy hearts and internal communication;
- Develop and embed a high performance culture;
- Use the HR dashboard to shape and drive local action plans i.e. to reduce absenteeism, improve performance management and manage headcount;
- Deliver world class basics and governance;
- Lead and participate in a number of UK HR projects as and when required;
- Identify areas of improvement and implement changes which improve efficiency and service offering as well as reducing cost.
What we would like our candidate to have:
- The ability to demonstrate a successful track record of HR delivery, working in a standalone single site or multi-site role, which has had a measurable impact on business performance;
- Experience of coaching managers on HR issues and supporting the delivery of HR projects;
- The ability to build relationships at all levels;
- The ability to be versatile and practical and able to provide solutions;
- Lead by example and be resilient to challenging situations;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills;
- Good understanding of employment law and up to date with future legislation and its potential impact;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience (desirable);
- CIPD (desirable).
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: Burscough (will cover packaging site in Wirral)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Up to 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
- Annual cycle to work scheme