Pre Press/ Mac Operator
Well established printing company, Spot On Print requires a PrePress/ Mac Operator to join their successful team.
With opportunities to develop skills and train in various areas of print, the role would ideally suit somebody with ambition to learn. The pre-press team is responsible for sending files to various digital print and cut devices as well as plates for litho printing. Experience in any part will be a help, but we understand you may not have complete knowledge and some training will be required.
You will be required to:
- Prepare and impose files for all output devices using Heidelberg Prinect workflow/HP Smartstream. (training can be given but some prior knowledge is essential)
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Follow production procedures to ensure work is consistently prepared to our specification and schedule before final output
- Edit PDFs using a PDF editing application
- Amend artwork
- A good knowledge of the printing process
- Capable of working with Adobe Creative suite
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- A flexible approach to working hours as some additional hours and weekend work may be required depending on workload
Competitive salary, plus overtime
Hours: Approx 9 to 5.30 but can be adjusted to suit (within reason).
Please send your cv with your salary expectations