Planning & Purchasing Officer - Spennymoor
Our Plastics Division is currently looking to hire a Planning & Purchasing Officer based at our Spennymoor site which specializes in manufacturing of internal and external car parts.
This is a permanent opportunity and you will be reporting in to the Operations Manager.
What the role will involve:
- Scheduling and Purchasing of raw materials, packaging supplies and purchases for resale.
- Maintaining the above items in ERP system EIQ & associated spreadsheets
- Helping to source new suppliers
- Price Negotiation with suppliers
- Monitor and report on QCD monthly supplier vendor ratings
- Maintaining Approved supplier list
- Maintaining a packaging saving tracker
- To plan the production of all parts based upon our Customer’s requirements.
- To control and maintain the works schedule and efficiency sheets.
- To control and maintain the capacity and sales systems so we can identify forward issues with capacity and advise commercial of sales expected.
- Update sales when customer’s issues volume updates.
- To create and maintain the forward operations plans to enable more visibility of the oncoming weeks.
- Communicate with all department heads in advance so they are aware of any changes to flow so capacity calculations can be reviewed and weaknesses found.
- Plan all sample production runs required as part of the NPI process and communicate with the plant manager and teams in advance.
- Communicate with the materials Department before making any major changes or adding production runs of unplanned tools to avoid problems.
- To input the production plan in to our ERP system (IQMS)
- Monitor and report issues within ERP system to the relevant people.
- Issue an email daily giving a status of the real time and the plan so departments know what can be cut short to avoid calls out of hours. Send at the start and end of shift when needed.
- Attend daily production meetings
- Follow the planning instructions.
- Work with the Operations Manager on all aspects of planning including run hours etc.
- Give feedback to internal customer & suppliers
- You will be required to produce clear and effective documentation of both a detailed and descriptive nature using graphical and statistical information.
8am until 4pm – Monday to Friday
37.5 hour week
½ hour unpaid lunch break
3 month initial probationary period applies.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: Starting salary - £26,000 (salary will increase when experience gained)
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme