Manufacturing Shift Supervisor -Hertfordshire - c£34k - 06:00 – 14:00 and 13:00 – 21:00 rotating
Manufacturing Shift Supervisor
Great opportunity and new vacancy for a Manufacturing Supervisor. The Manufacturing supervisor will lead the daily activities of the manufacturing department, ensuring the smooth running of the manufacturing unit. Ensuring all staff are utilised on a daily basis, the Manufacturing Supervisor will take a hands-on approach to supporting staff and dealing with queries and daily issues.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of product by the most cost effective means to the agreed specification and date,
• Scheduling of all work within the factory and the organisation of workflows,
• Work with the Production team generating optimum quality and efficiency and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Supervision of all staff within the manufacturing area, from time and attendance, discipline and performance management,
• Lead staff to ensure the team meets business critical deadlines and targets,
• Maintain work flows by monitoring progress, overseeing staff and resources,
• Plant maintenance, ensuring machinery is maintained and repairs/annual maintenance is scheduled at ideal times for the Production team,
• Working knowledge of bespoke MIS systems and production scheduling,
• Comprehensive management/supervisory experience,
• Experience of motivating staff,
• Flexible ‘can do’ attitude,
• Capable of working on own initiative,
• Performs well under pressure,
• Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise,
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels,
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications
Please let us know if this opportunity is of interest by sending in your CV, or just gives us a call.