Sales Executive & NPD - Insulated Products
NEW VACANCY! (PK5790)
SALES EXECUTIVE & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - INSULATED PACKAGING PRODUCTS
NORTH WEST / WEST MIDLANDS
Circa £25K + Commission + Laptop + iPhone + Pension + Death in Service + Car (Audi A3 or similar)
As a Sales Executive for flexible packaging the role will be focussed on specialised packaging in particular insulated products. The products will be and can be used across all industries. The ability to sell and develop business relationships within food, medical, horticultural industries and beyond will be an asset to the candidate.
The role will require contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, persuading them that the company's products and services can best satisfy those needs; closing the sale by agreeing the terms and conditions; providing an unparalleled after-sales service all while enhancing business relationships and developing new products with the customer.
The role could be home based but with the need to travel to meet with potential and existing customers as required, covering the whole of the UK and occasionally beyond. You need to be organised, self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to work alone and as part of a team.
Objective; the client is planning to start an 'insulated products' division, this will involve identifying new product opportunities and applications as well as selling into specialist companies and distributors. They are looking for a person start and eventually run this new division of the Group. They require a dedicated individual with a fantastic appetite for development and business growth.
Although working within the sales team you will be working and operating within an untapped market. Persistence, lateral thinking and continuous review of new customer leads are key elements to this role.
- To maintain accounts through selling existing products and develop new accounts through product development.
- Maintain margins through price increases with an eye to increase business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities are available.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Meet/exceed sales budgets.
- To contribute to a bi-weekly sales team activity report and meet the Site Directors whenever required.
- Present new products and services to enhance existing client relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as trade shows on behalf of the company, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
This role will suit an up and coming salesperson with 18 months to 3 years' experience in a B2B sales role, there are plenty of career progression and training opportunities within this expanding and dynamic company.
An understanding of bags, pouches or other food packaging could be a benefit but is not necessary as full product training will be provided.