12 Hour Shift Engineer - Hinckley
DS Smith Hinckley is currently looking for a Shift Engineer to join their expanding team. As a member of the Engineering maintenance team you will safely carry out maintenance, process improvement and capital project activities in order to minimise equipment breakdown delay and maximise process capability / production output to achieve production performance targets (KPI’s).
You will be required to use your electrical and mechanical skills to resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production. You will be expected to enhance the engineering contribution to the manufacturing facility by improving machine reliability in such a way as to deliver good quality product at optimum running speeds and to finally be influential in the development of a culture in which departmental employees take ownership of the responsibility for machine performance. In this new environment engineering employees will work more closely with process teams.
Other duties will include:
- To complete PMI routines when scheduled to do so.
- Use of SAP for all planned and breakdown maintenance activity logging and stores control.
- To continually modify PMI routines via SAP to deliver continued improvements in machine uptime, reliability and efficiency.
- Take a proactive approach to SHE, 5s and housekeeping in all aspects of your role.
- Take an active part in boiler house management under BGO1.
- To be accountable for carrying out duties and operating in a safe manner.
- To assist the engineering storeman in the management of the engineering stores. Ensuring all parts are booked out.
- To operate the SAP system to maximum efficiency. Managing your own workload.
- Daily communication with all production departments and engineering supervision will be an essential aspect of this role.
- Responsibility for 5s and housekeeping standards in the department
- To deputise for the Senior shift engineer, as required.
- Supervise contractors whilst on site.
- Take part in root cause problem solving meetings and have a continuous improvement attitude to your work.
- General engineering administration, SSOW, PMIs and reports
- Take an active part in the delivery of capital and safety projects
- A good general education.
- HNC Electrical / Mechanical
- Recognised engineering qualifications.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience of working in a highly computerised environment,
- Effective at influencing people.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced at fault finding on machines.
- Experienced in PLC and inverter drive technology, be able to fault find on them.
- Ability to write clear effective reports and procedures.
- Experienced in training others.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme