DS Smith is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a role at their site in Belper. The Engineer will form part of the maintenance team and will be a pivotal member.
What being an Engineer at DS Smith will involve…
You will be responsible for machine maintenance, capable of following maintenance plans and schedules, but also be capable of developing to improve machine reliability.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Adhere to all SSOW instructions and seek to improve Health and Safety standards at all times.
• Identifying and recording of unsafe conditions/acts.
• Ensuring all maintenance activities meet quality standards with respect to workmanship, processes and procedures in order to deliver plant quality targets and machine reliability.
• Ensuring that company procedures and effective controls are followed and implemented with respect to maintenance costs in order to deliver plant cost performance targets.
• See possibilities for developing machines/procedures and drive improvement projects from design through to completion.
• Working on preventative and breakdown maintenance and generating reports through SAP.
• Ensuring all parts and materials taken out of the stores are booked to the relevant cost centre/works order number in line with budget control.
• Carry out large machine maintenance tasks with minimum supervision and lead through to machine start-up and sign off
• Read and understand machine manuals and use information to maintain, improve, fault find and repair machines.
• Diagnose and repair machine breakdowns in a fast paced environment.
• Carry out required maintenance to all areas of site facilities.
• Carry out dynamic risk assessments on all maintenance tasks undertaken..
What will the ideal candidate for DS Smith possess…
- Mechanical apprenticeship with relevant Mechanical experience and qualifications.
- Recognised City and Guilds/NVQ Level 3/BTEC qualifications in Mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar role in high volume manufacturing industry.
- Computer literate.
- A working knowledge of PLC fault finding.
- Experience and knowledge of Permits to Work systems.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: Up to £35,000 (This includes an attendance allowance)
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme