Health & Safety Manager | Book Printer | Kent
One of the major players in the printing market in Europe. Award-winning print company partnering iconic brands and championing first-class print solutions. An active role which will be a long term permanent position offering unrivalled prospects with one of the best-known names in book printing.
Health & Safety Manager | Book Printer | Kent | £40k - £48k plus company car or allowance and exceptional additional benefits
Able to cater for all book printing requirements with their extensive in-house production capabilities, from short-run digital to longer run high quality litho and full in-house finishing, this company boasts an unrivalled set up. They print books, catalogues, journals and business documents to an unequalled level of quality for major publishing houses, large industrial groups and administrative bodies.
On a day to day basis as Health & Safety Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing professional occupational health and safety leadership across two sites and implementation, ensuring that the Company complies with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and other relevant legislation
- Working in collaboration with Management teams to ensure Health & Safety procedures are compliant, communicated and reviewed
- Coordinating and delivering Health & Safety implementation and training requirements across the designated sites
- Positively creating awareness of relevant policies into all areas of the designated sites
- Delivering a comprehensive training programme to promote, develop and sustain a positive Health and Safety culture
- Investigating any accidents and implementing resolution or change to procedure as appropriate
- Ensuring that all external contractors provide the suitable Risk Assessments, method statements and documentation prior to proceeding with any work at designated sites
Key attributes required:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (essential)
- Membership of CIEH or IOSH (essential)
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety and risk management
- Ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on health and safety and risk management issues
- Knowledge of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an organisation
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure tasks are completed within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of contacts
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, responding to business needs
A fantastic chance to join one of the world leaders in their field and a very stable employer. Excellent working conditions and opportunities for training and development on offer with this role, as well as generous pension schemes and leave entitlements.