Printed.com is a rapidly expanding eCommerce business within the fast growing sector of online print.“Whatever you’re printing, we print it with passion” is our motto, so you’ll find our site packed the widest range of print products, paper types and finishing options, suitable for any business and any print job.
We’re a young company based in the heart of London, between Oxford Circus and Regent’s Park, looking for employees that are equal parts dynamic and enthusiastic; they should be brimming over with new, original ideas that they just can’t wait to share with their team and bring to life.
A fast-paced work environment is a Printed.com employee’s playground. We are suited to those who love an entrepreneurial vibe, maybe you have seen and done the corporate scene, tired of bureaucracy and want to help drive a business forward.
As our business develops we need a Product Manager to join the department to help drive forward our product strategy, ensuring we remain commercially relevant and the printer of choice for our target customer sectors.
This role is all about providing the big picture vision of our product range and having the drive to make the vision a reality. The person in this role will need to be business and process savvy, and understand what our customers want, and also what they didn’t know they wanted yet, whilst staying strategically aligned to our business objectives.
Without a doubt monitoring sales performance and customers buying behaviour are required to provide product portfolio development and management of a profitable product range, and this role will closely collaborate with Head of Marketing to effectively position and successfully launch each new product.
This role is integral to developing the business and will be busy spending time with our main Production team in Newcastle, as well as visiting key clients, exhibitions and tradeshows, keeping us ahead of the competition. Collaboration with Commercial and Development teams are also key to this role. The Product Manager will also communicate with all other areas of the company; work with Acquisition and Retention Marketing Managers to help understand positioning, benefits and target customers, Creative to ensure we package our products with dynamic imagery that will capture our customers’ imagination, Customer Services to ensure our launch plans are aligned to expectations and opportunities, UX to find effective flow to conversion, and Engineering for product loading and reporting.
The Product Manager will join the Product division alongside one Senior Product Manager, both reporting directly to the Marketing & Product Director.
The Marketing & Product Department is also made up of the Marketing team (Head of Marketing, Senior CRM Manager, Search Specialist, Paid Media Specialist), and the Content & Creative team (Head of Creative, Senior Designer, Designer, Content Manager, Social Media Manager).
- Work closely with Senior Product Manager to shape the product roadmap
- Extensively research the market by attending relevant exhibitions, industry events and building connections in the printing world to seek out new opportunities of growth for the business
- Maintain regular contact with Production to maximise potential of our existing machinery, whilst identifying new opportunities and efficiencies
- Additionally, review potential partner relationships for product sourcing to establish most effective and efficient production method
- Working with Production to identify improvements and enhancements to existing products and services, understanding wide use cases and customer adoption
Product performance monitoring
- Managing a defined product portfolio, with regular monitoring and reporting of product sales behaviour and KPIs
- Use results from analysis to understand customer use and buyer personas, in turn identify untapped opportunities
- Research competitor offerings and comparable products and report. on this to senior management.
- Working closely with Production, Development and UX to ensure the best customer journey and maximising conversions
- Contributing to a product launch plan/ go-to-market strategy aligned to product commercial expectations and KPIs
- Influencing UX and Development/ Engineering on product specification, reporting requirements, positioning, pricing, packaging suggestions
Product Championship and Communication
- Be an active member of the Product-Marketing team sharing customer feedback, knowledge and insights
- Create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts, using internal and external resources
- Ensure Customer Services and Manufacturing suppliers are regularly updated on progress of joint projects
Demonstrable product marketing and management experience - Essential
Experience of leading successful product launches - Essential
Time management and organisational skills, ability to work independently - Essential
Excellent use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar applications - Essential
Experience of tools including Google Analytics, Double Click, Tableau - Essential
Knowledgeable in online print - Essential
Experience of working with UX and UI resource - Desirable
University degree (or equivalent) in business development/marketing - Desirable
Ability to travel across the UK to attend exhibitions, meet customers and supplier - Essential
- Flixible working/ working from home
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Interest Free Travel Loan
- Annual eye test
- Death in service benefit
- Perkbox membership
- Staff discount