Finishing Supervisor, Packaging and Print - Home Counties
Diverse Print Group delivering the highest quality Commercial Print and bespoke cartonboard Packaging to a wide range of major Brand Clients, seek a highly technically competent Finishing Supervisor with Packaging gluing experience to optimise and drive their enhanced litho and digital print production capabilities.
With an established reputation for quality and delivering Client value, you will support the Print Production Manager in driving their committed workforce, using your industry experience, technical expertise and capability for innovation, to deliver their vision for high quality solutions for their Clients bespoke print and packaging requirements.
With experience in using a proprietary industry MIS and demonstrable ability to utilise/implement and enhance process improvement methodologies to deliver best value and high quality product, you will work closely with all departments across the production flow as a team player and a change maker.
The Finishing Supervisor remit includes:
· Support the Print production and manage the Packaging Finishing environment, enhancing employee effectiveness through reviews of performance against objectives.
· Implement, monitor and respond to KPIs, utilising Lean Production techniques to seek continuous improvements and resolving workflow issues.
· Oversee a first-class health and safety culture; ensure all legal requirements are met and that the department is compliant with ISO 9001, 14001 and BRC standards
· Ensure that effective processes are in place for: - planning, purchasing of materials, control of inventory, supporting product quality levels, production record keeping and the maintenance of equipment
· Implement robust preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment.
· Allocating and managing resources in order to complete the daily delivery schedule in a timely manner, optimizing the efficient use of materials, labour and machines
· Communicating with other department managers to resolve any issues that may affect delivery to customers in a timely manner
Experience required for the role:
· Proven supervisor/ leadership experience within a manufacturing/production environment, with a demonstrable focus on improving the performance of productivity and staff.
· An impressive record of achievement working in packaging finishing (ideally with practical Carton Packaging gluing experience)
· Knowledge and experience of colour management, print processes and printability (litho and digital).
· Repro experience / knowledge would also be beneficial.
The role would suit an aspirational Carton gluing operative that has developed supervisory or shift management skills, or a broadly experienced supervisory/management professional with effective skills spanning Pre Press, Production Scheduling, Press Hall management or Packaging Finishing.
With an engaging and Client facing personality, you’ll have strong leadership skills, an ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority and the focussed determination to drive the business towards ‘Best in Class’ manufacturing performance.