Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer – Devizes - Permanent
Our DS Smith site in Devizes is searching for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with either an Electrical or Mechanical bias to implement strategic maintenance/breakdown initiatives to increase plant and asset reliability. You will be working closely with the all with your engineering colleagues, Operations, OEMs and vendors to develop and implement best practices and increase plant and asset reliability.
- Can you bring hands on and proactive approach to maintenance?
- Do you have experience of minimizing downtime of machines to avoid costs to the business?
- Are all your engineering efforts focused upon increasing productivity and efficiencies?
If you can answer YES to all the above questions, and feel that you are the right person for DS Smith then please read on…
What a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be doing at DS Smith:
The role will be primarily shift based and hands on with respect to Preventative Maintenance schedules. Reporting to the Maintenance manager you are responsible for ensuring any tasks carried out by yourself are completed to best possible methods and in accordance with current regulations and company policy on Health and Safety, Quality, Hygiene, Housekeeping delivery and Cost. Some of the key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Ensuring all maintenance activity meets quality standards with respect to workmanship, processes and procedures in order to deliver plant quality targets
- Ensuring that company procedures and effective controls are followed and implemented with respect to maintenance costs in order to deliver plant cost performance targets
- Working on preventative and breakdown maintenance and feeding back reports
- Ensuring that any parts required are identified and sourced through the engineering stores
- Carrying out dynamic risk assessments on all maintenance tasks undertaken
- Controlling stocks of materials and consumables
- Ensuring you are familiar with all stop devices and procedures on any equipment in your charge
- Being aware of the joint responsibility to keep all factory areas up to agreed standards and ensure your team are aware of their responsibilities
The shifts will be 4 days on and 4 days off 2 x 12 hour day shifts followed by 2 x 12 hour night shifts. You will not be required to work Saturday nights and will be paid 40/5 hours per week.
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Sound engineering experience working in a maintenance environment
- Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship with multi-skilled knowledge
- Experience of maintenance management systems preferably SAP
- Computer literate to a high degree and well versed in Excel and Word
- Demonstrate good fault finding and problem solving skills
- Experience with autonomous maintenance practices
- Show the ability to work well within team and able to work on own
- Demonstrate good fault finding skills and knowledge
About DS Smith…
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover more than £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary & Benefits:
• Site Bonus scheme
• 23 days holidays
• Contributory pension
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Regular training through the DS Smith academy
• Subsided canteen on site
• Free parking