Maintenance Technician - Spennymoor
DS Smith Plastics Division is currently looking to hire a Maintenance Technician based in Spennymoor site which specialises in manufacturing of internal and external car parts. The Maintenance Technician will report in to the Plant Manager.
What aspects are involved in this role?
• Assist the plant engineer with the smooth running of the maintenance and engineering support services, including maintenance of the plant utilities (i.e. steam, compressed air generation, water circulation systems), and also hydraulic/pneumatic manufacturing processes and electronic/micro-processor controlled moulding presses
• Maintain plant equipment and machinery to a high standard using planned maintenance programs and relevant systems.
• Maintain boilers, compressors, hydraulic units, control valves, pre-expanders, water system vales and all plant equipment.
• Assist the plant engineer with maintenance project work, including the movement and installation of key items of plant/machinery and contractors
• Assist the plant engineer with compliance to our corporate services requirements including ISO T.S. 16949 and Health & Safety Management Systems
• Ability to perform simple repairs with gas, electrical and welding etc.
• Ability to complete daily routine maintenance/inspections and completed repairs as required according to quality standards.
• Complete all duties allocated in the maintenance work schedule.
• Have knowledge of expansion process along with hydraulics, pneumatics, steam systems and maintenance programmes etc.
• Knowledge of fault finding, component replacement, guarding systems, motor testing and replacing
• Communicate with all departments and the plant engineer following any work completed so they all know if something has been fixed, use the appropriate methods.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
6am - 2pm, 2pm-10pm (Monday to Friday) & 10pm-6am (Monday night to Saturday morning)
Must be flexible as can be needed to work any shift, as well as weekend work.