Operations & QC Manager
A leading provider of personalised printed products has an opening for an Operations & QC Manager. Our client insists on the highest quality standards, and this role is pivotal in driving cultural and ‘quality’ change within production and warehouse facilities. They are looking for a brilliant people person and excellent coach to support the Production Manager and Warehouse Manager in putting in place best practice processes and techniques that will deliver improved ‘quality control’, less waste whilst maintaining or enhancing efficiencies.
Main Job Purpose
Provide shop floor oversight and mentoring of production staff to raise standards, improve processes and instil a culture of pride and ownership in the products made.
Support Production Manager in delivering excellent health and safety processes and discipline
Support production and finance management to provide greater use and benefits of the company ERP and production management system delivering improved accuracy on stock management and control
- Training and mentoring of production staff
- Assist Production Manager in the efficient running and management of the factory.
- Develop and implement working practice improvements to optimize production capabilities in order to ensure that lead times are achieved at the highest level of QC.
- Monitor, coach and develop production staff to ensure that their full potential is being used adequately and that they achieve job satisfaction
- Ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design specifications and customer requirements.
- Be a visible shop-floor based leader with the ability to step back, assess and accurately measure, define and record manufacturing output and capacity
- Support the Production Manager to prepare the Production Budget and Strategy
- Ensure that all work is carried out with the strictest attention to Quality Management
- Comply with safety standards and enhance the production environment. Comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all H&S audits are carried out accordingly as well as annual assessments. Investigate any EHS incident raised to drive to a Zero Harm culture
- the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with staff and clients;
- tenacity, confidence and personal authority to challenge and drive actions and change
- planning and organisation skills to be able to assist in running and monitoring the production process;
- the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems;
- experience of ISO standards and the certification process ideally
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes;
- attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality;
- the ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- the ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- ability to work with colleagues across multiple functions;
- Good administration and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com