Paragon Customer Communications has an exciting role for a proficient Estimator within its Dagenham site. Paragon is an award winning global company specialising in delivering client communications across a broad spectrum of mediums.
You will need a very strong and diverse background of estimating with a hands’ on approach to help support the business in its current growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player with an excellent knowledge of the commercial litho and digital processes including B1 printing, cut sheet/continuous digital and direct mail, in order to support our commercial offering. Your estimating knowledge and commercial intuitiveness must be exemplary with experience of working on MIS platforms. You will be expected to create estimates in a timely fashion and provide technical and sales assistance to Internal and External Account Managers. Possessing the skills to respond to emailed or telephone inquiries in a pro-active manner will be essential. You will be required to outsource any specialist printing or finishing that cannot be fulfilled in-house.
The work will be fast paced and non-stop and we will require the successful candidate to rise to this challenge
Key Responsibilities will include
- Liaising with sales representatives and customers to fully understand their requirements
- Providing estimates using agreed production routes, pricing and selling rates whilst optimising the return for the Company
- Suggesting alternatives to specifications and production methods when beneficial to Customer and Company
- Maintain accurate documentation, records and orders which is accessible to all team colleagues
Skills and Experience Required
- A detailed understanding of print and direct mail
- Experience of producing estimates
- Experience of standard industry Mis systems i.e Thartsten,Prism, Optimus, Navision
- IT literate and numerate
- Good organiser, able to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work under own initiative
- Effective communicator over the telephone, in person and in writing