Maintenance Engineer - Electrically Biased - Louth
This is an important role in order to ensure the site maintains its machine base in order to deliver world class customer service. DS Smith are looking for a team player who has a good attitude, strong organisational skills and is a safety conscious individual. It is important that you enjoy practical work and are able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
- Work in support of a preventative maintenance strategy. Undertaking work of a predictive, preventative and reactive nature.
- Undertake work as scheduled via our Computerised Maintenance System (CMMS) and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Repair, replace or manufacture component parts of production machinery ensuring they are fit for purpose and to the site standard.
- Maintenance activities on equipment including rotating machinery, pumps, services and process equipment.
- Reporting work details on CMMS.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and procedures in conjunction with other team members.
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner with Engineering management and the team.
- Shares knowledge and experience to aid the development of others.
- Ensure that all engineering activities are conducted in accordance with statutory and legal requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Engage in continuous and on-going housekeeping that illustrates a healthy attitude to the workplace and ensure that all areas are maintained to a high level of general housekeeping.
- Develop risk assessments with the risk assessment process against Safe Systems of Work.
- Ensure you comply with the relevant machinery and site policies and legislation.
The ideal candidate:
- Time served apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates good fault finding and problem solving skills.
- A self-motivated and proactive team player.
- A flexible and responsive attitude to go above and beyond when required.
- Experience to carry out planned maintenance programmes.
- Ability to remain focused in high pressure situations.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of PLC’s & drives with problem solving skills to include understanding and interpretation of electrical drawings.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical systems
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000