Quality Systems Manager, Packaging Solutions – South West
Globally renowned Packaging Solutions design & manufacturer at the forefront of the Retail, Food & Beverage industry, seek to appoint an experienced Quality Systems Manager to drive the highest standards of Production Quality & Continuous Improvement within their South West Division.
With a remit to consistently produce the highest quality Production output, through effective monitoring and ongoing training of employees, you will be responsible for providing root-cause analysis following quality issues or customer complaints, with a focussed drive for continuous improvement across the Business.
You will create an environment that enables real time problem identification, analysis & resolution at the appropriate level in the organisation, participating in Daily Production, SLT & Quality meetings, involving relevant personnel in order to prevent & resolve issues.
You’ll work to ensure strong visual management, developing employee training in new processes or initiatives, enhancing training documents and skills validations, whilst working with Line Managers and Operators on the best resolutions through continuous improvement initiatives.
You’ll have full responsibility for the effective management and tracking of key Quality or Continuous Improvement projects, ensuring deadlines / targets are achieved, whilst also managing internal, customer, or 3rd party audits of processes & production.
With a comprehensive working knowledge of ISO standards, you’ll have a highly professional approach in dealing with employees, customers and issues, combined with proven experience of operating at a similar level in a pressurised manufacturing environment, through effective utilisation of modern methods and statistical tools.
- Quality & Systems leadership experience with an ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills with proven ability to facilitate process improvement
- Demonstrable knowledge of production, service, quality, environmental and safety systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to motivate people as a proactive leader and team player with a drive to succeed
- Proven experience of driving continuous improvement projects through a working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques such as SMED, 5S, Kaizen and TPM
- Able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment – Ideally Card/Corrugate Packaging
Working closely with the Plant Director as a key member of the Management team, this is a primary role within an evolving & fantastic Global Business that is highly regarded by it’s peers, so demands an individual with clear ambition, an impressive array of experience and a robustness of personality & character that can consistently drive effective change & impact within the remit