Production Manager / Paper Machine Line Manager
Our globally recognised Client is currently recruiting for a Production Management role at their Paper Mill based in England.
They require to appoint a Manufacturing Professional with proven papermaking experience and are willing to extend their search throughout the UK and Overseas, for those of the right calibre, approach and skills, by providing a first class package, negotiable salary and assistance with relocation.
The successful Candidate would be responsible for the whole process down the line; From stock prep to finishing, also incorporating a paper machine and reelers and a crew of of 40/50 split over 5 shifts with a Supervisor in each.
The mill is a 24/7 operation.
- Knowledge (both theoretical and practical) of long fibre paper production.
- Quality, hygiene and safety systems.
- SPC techniques, RCA’s and SOP’s.
- Delegation, coaching and development of supervisors.
- Ability to set up and monitor KPI’s and drive line performance using them.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Qualification in papermaking / paper science
- Experience / knowledge of:
- Wet laid non wovens.
- Inclined wire technology.
- Pressure formers.
- Speciality papers / fine fibres.
- Science / process background.
Role Main Objectives:
Lead employee safety and product safety throughout the line area.
To maximise the productivity from PM line which includes Stock Preparation, Paper Machine and Finishing equipment.
Achieve paper machine productivity to daily targets (both gross tonnes and net tonnes).
Ensure good paper quality with low fault levels.
Attain the specified production plan for the line and meet customer delivery requirements.
Work closely with Technical & Engineering support to achieve the above aims.
Be accountable for overall line performance as measured by budget and K.P.I.’s.
Cost centre management for area’s of responsibility.
Machine consumables stock levels are controlled, wires, ropes and refiner plates.
Machine shift personnel.
Personnel in stock preparation, silk cutting, broke plant, paper machine and line finishing equipment.
General Mill Manager.
Technical, Quality, Process Improvement Managers.
Supply Chain, Finance, HR and IT.
Private health for self, spouse and unmarried dependents up to the age of 21.
Variable pay bonus scheme.
Annual leave: 25 days plus public holidays.
- All applications in strictest confidence
- CVs in MS Word format please (.doc / .docx).