Field Service Mechanical Engineer - Litho Presses
This is a truly fantastic career opportunity to work with one of the world's leading Printing Press suppliers.
Our prestigeous Client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer based in Northern Ireland who can also cover the Republic.
The successful Candidate will report to the Service Manager and will also be required to travel to the UK mainland periodically and occasionally other European countries, depending on business requirements.
Field service mechanical engineers are responsible for installing, servicing and diagnostic evaluation and repair across our Client's 'best in class' range of Lithographic printing products.
Main Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Installing presses at customer sites, liaising closely with the Project Engineer and other members of the installation team.
- Responding to technical requests from customers, making appropriate diagnoses and suitable recommendations to resolve technical queries/issues in a timely manner.
- Carrying out pre-planned service interventions.
- Referring to comprehensive reference documentation, in addition to assistance from other members of the service team to overcome any issues.
- Accurately report on each assignment, providing full details of the actions taken and outstanding requirements, if any.
- Liaise with senior customer staff, communicating the exact nature of the technical requirements of the job and ensuring that the scope of the work is agreed before work begins.
- Maintain good working relationships with customers, being mindful that mechanical engineers are representatives of the Company.
- Promote the Company’s pro-active service products and training to customers, reporting any potential leads to the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Heavy engineering background
• Full driving license Preferred
• Experience of the print/packaging industry
Skills & Abilities:
• Aptitude for technical problem-solving
• Strong communication skills
• Customer service focus • Initiative
• High standards of work
• Flexibility to travel extensively to cover the customer base and work away from home on a regular basis
• Flexibility to work overtime on a regular basis, including occasional weekend working
Benefits include company car, phone, iPad, life assurance, pension, 25 days hols + bank hols.
- CVs in Word format please (.doc / .docx)