Print Production Controller
We are looking for an energetic print production controller with a can-do attitude to join a dynamic print & direct mail company in the city. Working alongside their iconic clients, this role requires someone with strong communication and organisation skills, and a strong aptitude for customer service. Due to the nature of the business, the production controller will be required to work an evening shift.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone in a production/operations position looking to transition into a managerial level, taking take the next step in their career; challenging themselves and making a difference. This is a key role, taking responsibility for the organisation and administration of the work flow between departments.
• Processing customer orders regarding the specification, production methods, artwork requirements, production scheduling and price for future work and work in progress
• Create detailed production information in the format, and to the requirements of the production department.
• Liaise with Production Manager and production staff throughout the production process
• Liaise with Dispatch and supplier to ensure delivery and collections of work, to and from the supplier
• Obtain the delivery information and delivery instructions from the customer
• Liaise with Dispatch by providing a daily delivery requirement list for outwork and customer deliveries and through ongoing daily contact
• Organise the production of mock-ups and obtaining of samples as requested by the production manager & customer.
To be able to meet the requirements above, the candidate should have a good technical knowledge of print production processes. Direct mail experience would be a bonus.
We are looking for an organised individual, able to quickly understand detailed instructions and communicate this information in a clear, concise and unambiguous way. They should be proactive and be prepared to challenge, in an appropriate way, information which does not appear to be meeting the customers’ requirements.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Print Production Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly