Packaging Buyer with £8m Spend
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Buyer to join a dynamic global drinks company. This is the chance to work with premium brands and some of the fastest growing drinks on the market; and to join a business which is investing in ambitious growth across the globe.
As Packaging Buy, your role within this expert team will be to manage the procurement of packaging materials to match customer orders or stock requirements in line with service level agreements and budget targets.
This role requires a cross functional team worker who works in partnership with others. You will be required to manage Packaging Technologists in the development and delivery of new product development. Our client is looking for someone who demonstrates strong Influencing/communication/interpersonal and team working skills.
- Select and approve core suppliers of packaging materials based on defined business criteria.
- Manage purchases of packaging materials to match MRP and production requirements.
- Negotiate pricing and commercial terms with suppliers of packaging materials and propose allocation of business to Logistics & Supply Chain Manager
- Provide quotes for packaging component costs as part of the product development process.
- Report on performance versus departmental KPIs including PPV
- Manage packaging material stocks to meet departmental objectives
- Management of the development of packaging and work with bottling services for new product developments (NPD).
- Liaise with the relevant departments on Packaging developments including - Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Customer services, external suppliers and bottling locations.
- Motivate and manage staff, recruit, train and develop staff, according to company policies.
- Manage and own your professional development in order to achieve your work objectives and your career and personal goals.
Scope of Role
- Cased Goods annual production: Approx. 1.5M cases
- Packaging materials annual budget: Approx. £7M
- Dry Goods inventory: Approx. £1.2M
- Numerate and literate
- Experience of MRP & SAP systems essential.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Previous experience in problem solving and continuous improvement
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant vocational qualification (e.g. CIPS)
- 5 + years’ experience in a Procurement/Purchasing role
Although this is a predominantly office based role, travel to supplier premises will be required on occasion. Candidates must therefor have a full (clean) driving licence.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com