Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Account Director
About The Delta Group
The Delta Group is the parent company of 3 internationally recognised organisations: Lick Creative, Delta Display and MPD Fulfillment.
As a major visual communications group we specialise in the design, print and fulfilment of promotional marketing materials. Our aim is to innovate, progress and evolve our clients’ marketing campaigns to give stand-out in a crowded market. We’re owner-managed and independent, leading small teams of influential thinkers, meaning that we have the agility of a small business but the resources of a large one.
Our belief is that in a changing industry, we must be a company that can change with it.
To support the Account Director in providing a service that focuses on putting the customer first, delivering against agreed SLA’s and KPI’s at all times. Manage projects from start to finish ensuring they are flawlessly moved through the business to provide client satisfaction. Be pro-active in your approach towards the client and helping them and the account team, meet all business objectives.
- Project manage jobs from start to finish paying attention to detail and being mindful of client requirements and Delta business needs.
- Take briefs from Account Director or client and ensure that all relevant information is captured; utilise the Workstream campaign planning system to log campaigns and ensure that accurate briefs are passed into Delta production.
- Continually look at processes and self-improvements that will benefit the client and your development. Discuss with Account Director and take ownership in finding the solution.
- Display a positive ‘can do’ attitude, manage client expectations when required and aim to deliver exceptional service.
- Build and develop excellent relationships with the production teams to ensure there is a two way flow of information and both teams are working together to deliver for the client.
- Take a hands on approach to issue resolution with the client and Account Director.
- Continually look for other opportunities within your client base and ask for support from other Delta team members as and when needed to ‘sell’ these in.
- Plan and brief projects as requested by the client or AD and take full responsibility for service delivery.
- Attend client briefing meetings as and when required. Have a role in offering advice and support.
- Provide Account Director with suggestions on how to add value to processes and systems whenever possible, driving more effective ways of working.
- Spend time in stores viewing campaigns and consider how they have implemented and offer ideas for improvements etc.
- Produce case studies, PIR’s and competitor research relevant to the client.
- Seeks cost saving and innovation opportunities and provide to Account Director.
- Take part in pre-production meetings for all key projects ensuring that all relevant front of house and back of house personnel attend.
- Manage replenishment and library stocks.
- Maintain a WIP and gain purchase order numbers from client’s for all jobs
- Support client and MPD team with any post campaign follow ups, issue resolution etc.
- Ensure that all client information is kept up to date and accurate at all times.
- Work with the Account Director to create any required reporting or forecasting for the client and business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop positive relationships.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise work to meet client needs.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Confident in front of clients and back of house teams.
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can do’ approach at all times.
- Ability to be adaptable to business needs.
- Passion for quality.
- Good IT literacy, including knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- To be known for ‘making things happen’ through great service.
- A pro-active and ‘can do’ attitude
- We have to ensure we are jargon-free, that our first answer is ‘yes, we’ll make it happen’ and that we make it easy for our clients to understand what we do and how we add value.
- Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Is able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Undesirable Behaviours (optional)
We wanted to list a few undesirable behaviours that we’ll be conscious of in the recruitment process to ensure we are hiring only those with the best ‘can-do’ positive attitudes.
- Is negative and resistant to change.
- Shows little interest in learning or developing own skills further.
- Acts as if ‘knowledge is power’; is reluctant to pass on own skills to others.
- Takes a narrow focus, taking decisions in the interest of their own department, team or self.
- Gives up in the face of obstacles and doesn’t demonstrate a sense of personal responsibility for delivery.
- Acts inconsistently or ‘turns a blind eye’ with regard to the company’s processes, values and expected behaviours.