Packaging Technologist | Corrugated Packaging | Northamptonshire
A company who operates at the top end of their sector, this is an exciting opportunity to champion, support and lead new product development initiatives with a view to maintaining high quality standards for this market leader. An excellent chance for someone looking to progress and utilise their skills in an organisation where they can make a huge impact to the Technical division.
Packaging Technologist | Corrugated Packaging | Northamptonshire | £30k+
Offering one of the most extensive packaging product ranges in Europe this company is one of the largest independent suppliers of packaging materials in the UK. They excel in delivering excellent customer service and product choice. Fully ISO accredited they are supported by a technical services team dedicated to innovation and showcase complete in-house manufacturing facilities for bespoke requests.
On a day-to-day basis as Packaging Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the day to day running of the Technical department
- Taking on a lead role in new product development, working closely with production, customers and suppliers
- Ensuring new products are assessed, tested and developed in an effective manner, to time and cost
- Approving suitability of new materials and designs
- Setting specifications and testing criteria for new products
- Working with machinery manufacturers to ensure new products run correctly
- Identifying root cause and corrective actions for product performance issues
Key attributes required:
- Packaging sector experience with a track record working within a packaging manufacturer, materials or equipment supplier, preferably in a role including some technical service/customer facing experience
- Knowledge of paper/carton packaging, ideally across all sectors
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work equally well alone or in a team
- Ability to design and carry out simple tests and techniques and interpret the results in order to match materials and products to customer requirements
- Ability to convey information to both technical and non-technical people at all levels
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of CAD drawings would be an advantage but full training will be offered
A reputable company offering an autonomous role that you can really make your own; you will enjoy a relaxed working environment and long term job security with a stable company who value their staff.
Submit your details to be considered.
Apply for Packaging Technologist | Corrugated Packaging | Northamptonshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly