Structural Carton Packaging Designer
A designer and manufacturer of creative food packaging products has an opening within its New Product Development Team. This is a great opportunity to work for a company which offers a range of paperboard and combination packaging products to brands and retailers globally.
This role will allow you the chance to work with our client’s dedicated, in-house team of creative and technical experts. They work closely together to design, engineer and manufacture packaging solutions. This enables them to not only deliver a personalised, efficient service, but also to create a solution which directly meets customers’ needs.
You will work with some high profile brands covering both current and future packaging design. This includes the form, materials, design for retail, and continuing into the execution phase of design intent. From ideation through final production, the designer will be responsible for producing high quality, creative and detailed solutions for our customers.
You will work closely with the New Product Development team, and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop structural solutions for cartons
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new and/or improved designs by analysing customer needs and production feasibility.
- Understanding of packaging production processes.
- Interpret direction from customers, sales teams, and management to develop solutions that exceed expectations.
- Create packaging dielines and layouts
- Produce samples and mock-ups for client presentations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and develop the best possible packaging solutions.
- Effectively communicate reasoning for design decisions.
- Maintain organisation of large, ongoing projects involving revisions and multiple components.
- Keep apprised of new packaging trends, materials, and technologies.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the structural design of packaging
- Folding cartons experience is a plus.
- Food packaging design experience is a bonus
- Experience in CAD
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas effectively and persuade others to understand concepts and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have attention to detail and excellent time management and organisational skills.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Structural Carton Packaging Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly