Quality Engineer - BRC & ISO9001:215
NEW VACANCY (PK5886)
£Attractive Salary + Other Benefits
SHIFT PATTERN: DAYS ONLY
Our client is a major International manufacturer of packaging to the Food & Drink industry. By working with their customer base, they are able to support products with an extensive service package including product design, development, testing, technical expertise and advice.
They are currently looking for a Quality Engineer who will be reporting to the Quality Manager, to be primarily responsible for the handling of all production trials, from a Quality aspect.
The ideal candidate will have worked to ISO9001 and BRC Compliance standards. This position is to work on days shift only. A minimum of 1 to 3 years in manufacturing required. Minimum of 6 months quality experience preferred.
- Preparing development reports for the Quality Manager using SPC
- Measuring product on the CMM
- Performing dimensional testing on the product, using all other relevant equipment.
- Testing samples and compiling capability reports for the Quality Manager.
- Training employees in visual inspection, clean room, hygiene and packaging.
- Scheduling and arranging for the calibration of working equipment.
- Controlling the company's internal held goods and issuing a morning report to the Managers
- Performing visual inspection of the product on the shop floor
- Preparing labels and paperwork for production and customers.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process.
- Performing Internal quality, hygiene, sharps and glass & brittle audits
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry and/or food packaging company
Goals and Objectives:
- Reduce Customer complaints
- Reduce internal held goods.
- Reduce external returns
- Ensure BRC Packaging & Packaging Materials and ISO 9001 Compliance.
Quality Engineers are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Apply for Quality Engineer - BRC & ISO9001:215
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly